5. PRO U 00:00 UTC+01 – 15. PRO U 23:45 UTC+01
On this occasion, we would like to inform you that, this year, Epicenter’s annual SHOWCASE event will be held in a slightly different form, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The third Theatre Epicenter Showcase will be held online on the Theatre Epicenter platform.
The Showcase will take place from 05.12.2020 (Saturday, 00:00) to 15.12.2020 (Tuesday, 23:59). During this period, all those interested will be able to watch the plays on the Theatre Epicenter’s digital platform. The plays and all the information about the plays will be available with English translations.List of performances selected for this year’s Showcase:
• Pavao Pavličić “Three in Trnje” directed by Nikola Zavišić, Branko Mihaljević Children’s Theatre and Osijek Summer of Culture.
• Author’s project of Ksenija Zec and Saša Božić “Krpimirci” GKL Rijeka and KD Pinklec, Čakovec
• Author’s project Ana Marija Veselčić “Domaši” GKL Split in co-production with the Academy of Arts in Split
• Ivana Brlić Mažuranić “Stories from the past” director Paolo Tišljarić, Marin Držić Theatre, Dubrovnik and Trešnja Theatre, Zagreb
• Eugene Ionesco “Stories 1 2 3 4” directed by Morana Dolenc, Virovitica Theatre
• Fabrizio Montecchi – The Story of Life “director Fabrizio Montecchi, Puppet Theatre Zadar
• Tanja Novak “The snail tale” director Romano Bogdan, Pinklec Theatre Company, Čakovec
• Svetlana Patafta “It’s time to play” director Svetlana Patafta of the Full House Theatre, Zagreb
• Author’s project of Antonija Šašo, Paola Slavica / Lidija Kraljić and Davor Kovač “The first story” Arts organization Dot on i, Zagreb
• Author’s project of actors and author team “Dreamonauts” directed by Morana Dolenc, Puppet Organization That We Need Indeed Loft, Zagreb
Croatia Epicentre Showcase is conceived as an event showing the best performances of theatre for children and youth and puppetry, and had its first and extremely successful edition in April 2018, which resulted in many guest appearances of Croatian theatres at renowned international theatre festivals for children and youth.
The expert committee, to promote the highest theatrical achievements of theatre for children and youth and to establish strong international ties, selects the ten best active productions of professional theatre performances for children and youth of various aesthetics and genres to present them to organizers, producers and selectors of prestigious international theatre festivals. These institutions produce theatre plays for children and youth and world-renowned theatre artists in the field of children’s and youth theatre.We invite you to support our initiative by joining us on the platform of the Theater Epicenter from 05.12.2020 to 15.12.2020.
All applications are received via email at